Gen C are teens and 20-somethings that have been "hatched' out of social media. Gen C is not a target audience but a community of digital natives.
Nielsen’s list of what makes Gen Cs tick reads much like the teen behavior of any generation, but it is a useful reminder for any radio station that targets teens and 20-somethings. Their recommendations are also a useful checklist for every morning show:
To successfully market to Gen C consumers, brands must create fresh, cultural capital for Gen C to talk about - a process which also gives them "status" within their cohorts or "tribes" and social networks:
- Keep it relevant, useful, and entertaining.
- Enhance social status within tribes.
- Ask for a reaction and have a fun social interface.
- Connect Gen C members with each other.
- Enable Gen C to participate in, play with, or produce themselves.
Read Nielsen’s post here.